Today with our friends at QNAP and Seagate we are giving away a complete NAS/Storage setup. Starting with the NAS we have a TS-251, the 2-bay equivalent of the 451 which we reviewed last week. Here’s a little snippet of that review:
“As far as features go, the TS-451 is right up there with the best… all the basics such as print server, ftp, download manager, shared folders and media sharing (iTunes/DNLA) are all present. Then we get a great bunch of high end features such as VPN server, cloud backup support (inc Amazon/Microsoft), HDMI out (7.1 audio too), Virtualisation/VM machine, transcoding and surveillance (2 camera ip’s included). The virtualisation in particular is very useful, allowing us to run (as an example) a Windows based environment within the NAS. Ideal for getting access to enhanced apps, running a Windows Server or playing with Windows 10 betas… as just a few examples. It is also worth saying that the HDMI out (and ability to use a remote) is a real bonus for anyone who struggles with low Wi-Fi signal, or maybe has a TV with low speed network connection. Mix that with HDStation which offers a massive suite of media apps (inc Spotify, YouTube, XBMC, etc) and we have more than just a NAS, its a stand alone media hub. Did we mention it even has a browser (Firefox/Chrome)… who needs a PC???”
Then, for storage, Seagate are providing two 4TB drives from their NAS range. Providing plenty of capacity they are tailored for 24/7 NAS use including enhanced drive reliability with custom-built error recovery controls, power settings and vibration tolerance. And the great thing is, with 2x4TB drives you can choose to have 4TB of storage with a Mirror to protect your data, or combine both in the NAS OS to create 8TB capacity. The choice is yours!
We reviewed another of Seagates drives recently, the excellent 6TB Enterprise model :
“In terms of performance/use the drive very much impresses. It is reasonably quiet and temperatures are also kept in check. The drive was noticeably cooler than our 4TB comparison drive (desktop class) but most importantly the speeds we achieved on the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD V4 were fantastic. The average desktop drive sits anywhere between 140mb and 170mb but with the new 6TB Seagate we were seeing speeds over 200MB/s right across the drive capacity. On the odd occasion it would drop to 180MB but that was very rare. This is one of the few mechanical drives where file transfers don’t feel slow for those who usually use SSDs.”
Win a QNAP TS-251 NAS and 2x 4TB SEAGATE Drives – How to Enter
For a chance to win the QNAP TS-251 and 2x4TB Seagate drives visit (and please like) Seagate and QNAP on Facebook. Then fill in and submit the form below.
Перейти на сайт конкурса
1. The promoter is: Heaven Media Ltd (company no. 4019815) whose registered office is at No.9 The Incubator Building, Alconbury Weald, HUNTINGDON, Cambridgeshire,PE28 4WX
2. Employees of Heaven Media Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing date for entry will be July 17th 2015. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. Entry is open worldwide.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random from all correct entries by Heaven Media Ltd.
11. Winners will be notified by email by 31st July 2015. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The entrant agrees to accept any import duty that may be charged upon receipt if your address is outside the country of origin.
14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
16. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
17. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Heaven Media Ltd and not to any other party.